Yoga- This ancient Indian Art of keeping the body, mind and soul healthy, happy and tranquil needs no introduction today. Since Yoga is getting popular equally among those seeking spiritual solace and suffering with physical ailments, a lack of professionally trained yoga teachers has failed to fill demand and supply chain. As the popularity of Yoga is increasing, Kayakalp comes forward to impart Yoga Teacher training course for those seeking a holistic vocation and respectable livelihood. We at Kayakalp offering Yoga Instructor Course for beginner to learn and master the art of Yoga.
Level 1 – Yoga Instructor Course (YIC)
Yoga instructor course is a very basic or foundation course for those who want to pursue the knowledge of Yoga for individual and teaching the mass in form of group class or individual class within the purview of the learning during the course.
A Kayakalp certified Yoga Instructor Course for those who wish to seek basic knowledge of yoga and learn its physical practices (asanas) under the guidance of experienced yoga professionals.
Aims & Objectives
- To enable the seeker for providing basic yoga training at community level.
- To pursue a career as an individual yoga instructor
- Yoga instructor course is designed to provide basic knowledge of Yoga and its mental, physical and spiritual impact on day to day life.
- 200 hours of foundation course of Yoga Instructor Course (YIC)
- To develop and adopt the best yoga methodologies
- To create a pool of enthusiastic yoga learners for future needs of Kayakalp
Duration of the course
- Total No. of hours – 200 Hrs. Yoga Instructor Course (YIC)
- Theory – 60 Hrs. [45 Hrs. (75%) contact hrs. with teachers and the remaining hrs. can be self learning].
- Practical – 140 Hrs. [84 Hrs. (60%) contact hrs. with teachers and the remaining hrs. can be self practice].
- Total No. of months – 3 months
- Days per week – 5 days
- Hours per day – 4 hours
Commencement of the YIC: 1st December to 28th February (every year)
Lecturers for Yoga Course:
- Dr. N. Santosh (B.N.Y.S)- Course coordinator
- Dr. Shivangi Sharma (B.N.Y.S.) – Asstt. coordinator
- Dr. Ashutosh Guleri (BAMS/ PGCPK)
- Dr. Shalini Kaith (BAMS/ PGCPK)
- Ms. Ruchita Chauhan
- Mr. Vinay Sharma
- Mr. Gautam
P.S. Guest Lectures from eminent scholars for – Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Janana Yoga
Course Material in English and Hindi
Yoga Manual (Module-1) – an insight
Yoga Manual (Module-2) – a practical guide for Asana, Pranayama, Kriyas
Total Number of Seats : 20
Number of Residential Seats: 05
Course Fee – Rs. 8000/-(Eight Thousand only for both residential and non-residential students)
Academic Qualification: 10 +2 pass in any stream; Candidates with higher academic qualification in any stream will be given preference.
Medium of instruction: English/ Hindi
Mode of Education
Out station students can stay within the campus, however, local students can be allowed to commute daily as per the timings of the course as declared by the administration.
Maximum seats for resident course – 5 Nos.
Accommodation for students
Basera (Dormitory) can be allowed to at a lump sum price of Rs. 20,000/- per month inclusive of meals.
Material will be provided to the aspirants (inclusive of course fee)
- Neti Pot
- Rubber Catheter
- Study Kit
- Library facility
Dress Code (to be arranged by the students)
- White colour – Yoga dress
- Track suit – Blue colour
– Read the terms and conditions/ eligibility criteria carefully before applying for YIC.
– Download the application form from the website (www.kayakalppalampur.in)
– Fill up the form and attach demand draft of 100/- (Non refundable) in favour of Kayakalp, Palampur and submit the form before 30thOctober 2017.
– Fee can also be submitted in cash alongwith the duly filled form directly to the office.
– Screened candidates will be called for personal interview telephonically.
Affiliation: However, certificate courses need no particular affiliation, yet we have applied for affiliation from Quality Council of India (QCI), which is due for consideration and subject to approval.